Monday, June 9, 2008

Running in Lille

Lille is a strange city to live in weather-wise. Some days it is cold and rainy and the very next its mid-70's and sunny or should I say 25 degrees C? On these nice days, I like to go running, and on the cold ones I don't like to but I do it anyway. Today's post is inspired by my run this morning. I woke up at 7:00 in the morning not feeling so motivated but I went for a run anyway. I am so glad I did. I went down to park where the zoo is and went for a bout a 2 1/2 mile run as I was pressed for time. It was gorgeous! The sun was beaming down through the trees and looked like something you only see in paintings. There was this one part on the path that was particularly beautiful and a Frenchman running in front of me literally stopped, held out his hand to slow me and said "C'est Magnifique!" I couldn't have agreed more! This city is really very beautiful...when its not raining. I can't wait for my boyfriend Tim to get here so that we can maybe have a picnic in the park as it seems to be popular among French couples!!! I only have about 17 more days of waiting for that!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are having an amazing time! keep living it up- i just now realized the time goes by wayyy to fast, i only have 6 weeks left!!! cant wait to get together and share stories and pics!

Gumby said...

im gonna have to show you how to post some of your pictures. see you in 2 weeks!

-timmayy